On a daily basis, the best read is a website that is updated a few times a day but doesn’t get bogged down with too many unimportant stories. The two daily works that I find most informative are:
1) zerohedge.com – Financial news and blogposts that inform and infuriate. Definitely won’t see these on CNN or Fox! And don’t forget to read the comments section, these readers can be very entertaining!
2) silverdoctors.com – Similar to zero but slanted more toward stories about precious metals rather than general finance.
If you want to curl up with a good financial read, well most of the hogwash published these days is either mainstream mouthpiece spew or controlled opposition limited hangout low-value “alternative” viewpoint. I prefer these hard-hitting reads:
1) DOPE, Inc by Executive Intelligence Review – Lyndon LaRouche pretty much nailed it back in the late 70’s with this tome. Not for the faint-hearted. Everything you thought you knew about the world’s financial system is untrue.
2) Interference by Dan Moldea – OK so it isn’t a pure business book…..it is an expose of the men who own NFL football teams. I wouldn’t want MY daughter marrying these guys!
3) History of the Great American Fortunes by Gustavus Myers – You’ll never think of these “Titans of Industry” the same again! Some despicable characters have been enshrined as Gods in American business legend!
So there you have a partial list of some of my favorite books of all time. Read them but remember….”A mind once expanded to a larger idea never returns to its original size!”